Grilled Chicken Wings Marinated in Spicy Korean Citrus Marinade
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Spicy Korean Citrus Marinade or as needed
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 inch lengths and crushed with the side of a cleaver
- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) fresh meaty chicken wings, wing tip removed and cut into 2
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl large enough to hold all chicken wings, pour enough Spicy Korean Citrus Marinade to cover. Toss with lime juice. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight for best results. While marinating, turn wings occasionally to ensure marinade penetrates meat thoroughly.
To cook, bring wings to room temperature. Grill the wings over a medium hot grill until brown, about 6-8 minutes. Turn them over and grill the second side until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Makes 24 hors d'oeuvres
Grilled Miso Infused Salmon Fillets
- 6 – 4 oz.(125 g) salmon fillet, skin left on
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Oishii Miso Japanese Sauce or as needed
- English cucumber, thinly slice for garnish
- toasted black and white sesame seeds for garnish
Completely line a baking sheet with foil and arrange salmon fillets on the baking sheet skin side up. Pour Oishii Miso Japanese Sauce on fillets and make sure both sides of fillets are coated. Marinate no longer than 1 1/2 hours.
To grill salmon, flip the fillets so that the skin side is down on the same baking sheet. Preheat an outdoor grill or broiler grill on high heat. Turn the heat down to medium, place the baking sheet on grill and cook salmon for 8-10 minutes or to your liking. Do not turn salmon over. Allow cooked salmon to cool. Using spatulas, remove fish from baking sheet and place onto a serving platter. Garnish on a bed of English cucumber, sesame seeds and drizzle more Oishii Miso Japanese Sauce on fish if desired.
Makes 4 appetizers sized salads
Swordfish, Mango and Red Pepper Brochettes with Rosemary Mustard Marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs (700g) Swordfish (or any firm fish), skinned & cut into 24 cubes (1 1/2" x 1 1/2")
- 2 mangos, cut into 24 cubes (1 1/2" x 1 1/2")
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 24 cubes (1 1/2" x 1 1/2")
- 6–8 tbsp (75-125 ml) Rosemary Mustard Marinade
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8-16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Preheat grill to medium high or preheat oven to 400F (205C).
Place the swordfish in a medium bowl and toss with 2 tbsp Rosemary Mustard Marinade. Set aside. In separate bowls, toss the mango and red pepper cubes with Rosemary Mustard Marinade and set aside. On each skewer, thread a cube of fish, followed by mango then red pepper. Repeat this pattern 2 - 3 times depending on size of skewer. Rotating skewers season with salt and pepper.
Grill: Place skewers on grill, cover and cook until the fish is opaque throughout – about 10-12 minutes. To brown evenly, turn at least once.
Oven: Place skewers on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
Serve immediately with wedges of lemon.
Yields 8-16 skewers
Pineapple, Avocado and Cherry Tomato Salad with Savoury Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled, quartered and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1.2 cm) slices
- 4 whole slices sweet pineapple, cut into halves
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, julienned
- Savoury Ginger Dressing
- coarsely chopped peanuts to garnish
- freshly ground pepper to taste
To assemble the salad, line 4 salad plates or a large platter with julienned iceberg lettuce. On top of lettuce, alternate a slice of avocado with a slice of pineapple. Continue pattern until avocado and pineapple are used up. Top with tomatoes, drizzle with Savoury Ginger Dressing and season with pepper. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
Makes 4 appetizers sized salads